Square | Rectangular Molded Grating
Fiberglass Grating Systems Molded Gratings offer the most corrosion resistant gratings available today. Also, due to their integrally cast construction, molded gratings offer a bi-directional span capability that affords usage in many more applications than traditional unidirectional grating products.
Other key features of molded gratings include:
• Highly slip resistant with either a gritted surface or concave (meniscus) top
• Ergonomic – due to it’s “give” under foot, molded gratings have been shown to reduce worker fatigue in legs from prolonged standing
• Bi-directional Strength – This property offers 3 key features 1) Gratings can span in 2 directions and act more like plates than a unidirectional grating and 2) allows for cutouts around pipes or other obstructions up to 12” in diameter, often not requiring additional supports and 3) results in a grating that is highly impact resistant
• Like our other fiberglass grating systems, composite molded gratings offer a longer service life than traditional metal gratings and are more economical than metallic systems when consider the installed cost (especially if the alternative are stainless steel gratings)
• Molded gratings are offered in a number of resin systems, from mildly corrosive, outdoor wet environments to more corrosive applications where resistance to acids or caustics is required.
When selecting grating, be certain to review the RESIN SELECTION GUIDE for your application
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS INCLUDE: Flooring Trench Covers Stairs & Walkways Circular Platforms Screening Drains