Due to factors such as remote access, limited space and high cost of down time, corrosion resistance, safety and maintenance requirements are critical considerations in the oil and gas industry. For decades, fiberglass reinforced plastics have been used to mitigate the effects of the harsh conditions that accompany this vital industry.
Some of the product features that make FRP the ideal choice for your oil and gas applications include:
- Little to no Maintenance – Lower cost over lifetime of product than metal gratings
- Ability to Resist Corrosion - saltwater, drilling fluids, acids, alkalis and other chemical compounds
- Flame Retardancy- All gratings meet or exceed a flame spread of a 25 and range as low as 5 based on the ASTM E-84 standard
- Non-Conductivity – helps to reduce dangerous static discharge
- Slip Resistance – whether a meniscus top or our standard integral grit top, all FRP grating provide excellent slip resistance.
- Ability to Absorb Impact – unlike metal the elastic properties allow it to absorb impact with no permanent deformation
- Light Weight – At one third the weight of steel installation and service costs are greatly reduced
FRP products are used in all aspects of the oil and gas industry from drilling to refining:
Processing Skid Packages
Land-based and Offshore Drilling Rigs
Marine Terminals, Storage Facilities
Gas Processing Plants
Your Fiberglass Grating Systems sales rep will be happy to help you determine how FRP can make your operation less costly, safer and more efficient.